Wednesday 6 April 2011

Self-portrait.

More often than not I get stereotyped as being an emo.
Emo is a genre of music based of rock than is expressive and often contains confessional lyrics.
A person can be stereotyped as being emo for many such ridiculous reason such as wearing a lot of black. However the stereotype is usually described as being depressed.
Because of this I decided to do a shoot showing myself as the stereotypical "emo".
Which, may I add, I am not.



I have edited them both in the exact same way, simply by removing the colour and increasing the contrast but decreasing the brightness of the image. Therefore it is much darker with a more "matt" sheen to it.

Admittedly the dress code isn't very emo however this was only done as a bit of a mess around. Make-up looks a little weird too, it isn't smudged enough for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment