Wednesday 27 April 2011

Photoshopping adventures.

Spent my night tonight playing around on Photoshop, celebrate us being re-united. Having not long got it back I've only recently realised just how much i rely on the incredible piece of software. Though, it has to be said we have had quite a few arguments in our time together and don't always see eye to eye, but its like that in most relationships isn't it?!

My first edit of the evening was very simple..
Here's the image before i change anything:


And the image after I had a play:


Spot the difference?
There is only one to find..Well, one obvious one.

I didn't edit this image for any reason in particular, there wasn't anything I disliked about it, it was just an easy one to mess about with.
Admittedly my "cloning" skills are not quite up to scratch, but it is something I'm working on. I prefer the edit purely for the reason the tax disk cannot be seen, it becomes less distracting and focuses upon the parking fine that has been issued. I have also burnt in the side of the car ever so slightly and the rusty bonnet as well just to darken it.

The second edit of the evening, again very simple..
Before anything changed:


In all honesty I wasn't so keen on this photograph purely because I found the paddling pool and the shadow to be too distracting and unnecessary.

After playing in Photoshop:


Two obvious differences this time. One very subtle one.

My attempt at cloning is even worse on this image. The grass has become out of focus, this however wouldn't be a problem to me if it wasn't for the fact its a bit patchy around the wheel of Menna's dolly's pram. The confused look on Menna's face just makes this image though, I love it. I also had a play with the dodge and burn tool here, burnt in some detail to Menna's pretty little face, not much though. I dodged part of the background, again, not by much. I do think the lack of paddling pool and shadow increases its strength as a photograph, despite it not being one of my strongest images, or edits. You may have noticed I cropped this image as well.


I think its safe to say that the only thing that got me through this photoshopping session was the beautiful Hollywood Undead album i recently purchased. I am slowly getting a little more confident using photoshop though, so hopefully HU will help me get completely confident and turn me in to a photoshopping genius (nahh, that wont ever happen). I must congratulate HU though on producing such an amazing album, its so funny and just genius.

But, back to photography.
Hoping to attempt some joiners over the next few days. David Hockney style.
Of course they won't ever live up to his standard of creation but we shall just have to see what we get. Should be fun experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment