Friday 1 April 2011

Grandad.


It took me years to pluck up the courage to stay in a room with my Grandad on my own. I was petrified of him when I was younger, right up to the age of 15. And i'm only 16 now.. though to be fair im 17 next month.
If I had to go anywhere or do anything with my Grandad I always made sure that somebody was there with me.
Admittedly he never made it easy for me to get over my fear of him. For my dads 40th birthday, he had a fancy dress party and my Grandad went as the hulk. That wouldnt have scared me had he not jumped out at me from round the corner and scared the livin dayligts out of me.
When I was eight years old he made me get on a tractor and drive it round a field while he was sat on a trailer behind me. When I didnt know what to do he never heard me ask so I just jumped off and ran away - thank goodness tractors dont go very fast!
My brother was the total opposite and adrored my Grandad spending as much time with him as possible. These days I do my best too aswell. With weekends away, whether it be with or without tractors around (they're a big thing in our family), holidays and just staying over at the weekends.
Over the past year he has helped me more than I could have imagined. Both him and my Nan and I bloody love them both. God only knows where I'd be without all the help they've given me.
Pure lovin' for ma Grandad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment