Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding.

In the days leading up to the wedding I thought the whole thing was over rated, just another wedding and disagreed with it being made so public. However, I was made to watch it with my bod at work and seeing the atmosphere in London made me want to be there - for photography reasons only of course.
On my way home from work, in the little break over lunch hour I spotted a few houses that had indeed put flags up to mark such an occasion. So of course, I grabbed my camera and my brothers bike (I don't own one ya' see) and whizzed round snapping pictures of any houses that had any signs of celebrations.
I was though disapointed in the lack of events, family gatherings, street parties and so on being held in Davenham. I only came across one.
So here we go, a couple of snaps from around Davenham..


I blogged this one first purely because it is the only picture I have that isn't specifically of a house.
This car clearly belongs to somebody who wants the everybody, everywhere they go to know they are celebrating the royal wedding. I didn't even know that they had made flags for your car for todays special occasion - unless these have been saved from the world cup, which is of course a possibility.


This image wont mean much to you lot, but it is one of my favourites purely because of who lives there. She's a lovely woman, and will be 99 next week so the fact that she still has put a flag up put a smile on my face.


Again, this house belongs to another little old lady. Slightly more obvious this time though due to the little trolley outside the door besides the flag. I like the perspective given from the gates and iron fencing in this image, the post is out of focus to so doesn't distract the eyes.


A third elderly persons house decorated for the Royal Wedding, so far it seems it is only the older generation interested in the countries monarchy.
I like this image because it isn't dominated by the flags and has been framed central.


This image would be so much better if the flag was out flat, however it was not going to happen, the wind refused t blow it back into place.


I have no particular reason to like this photo and I'm not yet 100% convinced that I do?


Again, no reason to like this image particularly. I'm sure its just the vivid colours that do it..


And a third time.. final time too though.



Cant decide which of these I prefer, In one i like the fact that the flag is perfectly flat, in the other i like the stronger perspective. If I could merge the two together it would be perfect.


This is the closest to a street party I was going to get, a couple of neighbours having a BBQ.
I took this image whilst talking to them as it kept the scene fairly natural, the young children at the front just make it, with the confused and suspicious looks up on there faces.


Of course, I couldn't just leave without taking there group photo and they all very kindly let me.. including the women, without complaining that they hadn't done there hair either.
Turned out one of them knew my tutor as well!
A very lovely bunch of people.

When I set out to take these pictures, because I hadn't seen anything extravagant, I knew that none of the image would turn out overly successful, and most haven't. I couldn't capture anything in an "arty farty" way, because no houses were "arty farty" enough. However, there a couple that I am pleased with. You probably won't be at all amused by them though, and they probably won't mean anything to you, but I am happy with my shots. Disapointed by Davenhams lack of enthusiam, but to be fair, considering it is a village full of elderly people we did pretty well I suppose.

Congratulation Will & Kate, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment