Tuesday 5 April 2011

Menna Doris,

I have to say, this was possibly my best ever shoot. So, so incredibly pleased with the outcomes I got.
I forst got the idea of hiding somebody from a photographer called Arnos Rafael Minkinnen, one of his self portraits to be precise.


I liked the way Arnos had photographed this image so subtly, his arm and leg is almost hidden. the shape of the trees are quie surreal which help to hide the subject in the portrait.

This image then inspired to base my portrait on this above image with a minor twist that there would be a hint of ET in there as well. A specific scene in ET, shows the little alien hidden amongst a hige number of teddies and dolls to hide him from the parents, I decided this would make an interesting photo with a young child.
There was my location portrait dilemma solved.

Menna Doris Cooper, my superb little model is absolutely gorgeous and great fun to photograph.


This is the original style image i wanted to create and I am pleased with how it looks on both film and digital. To be honest, she does look a little happier on the film image.


she was never going to stay still for very long was she? It is a bit to much to ask of a small baby..


I'm sorry, I dont care what anybody says, Menna is gorgeous.. Just look at her little face! This is by far one of my all time favourite images.


this image wasnt shot as part of my shoot, but it was taken on the same day. I love how close she got to the camera and yet still totally unphased by it. unlike me, I would have ran away long before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment