Monday 9 January 2012

New Project.

Today. A new brief has been launched. College has set us a new challenge. It's going to be a good brief however with wanting to follow a path that is not as straight forward as simply photography. Or Fashion Photography. Or Still Life Photography it is going to be harder. Today however I have sat with the brief and gone through it, trying to find ways I can adapt it to make it more journalism based, allowing me to generate ideas that fit the path I want to follow both carreer and university wise. It's worked. I have managed to adapt the brief to fit something I can do and with the tutors approval. The brief basically entails having to work in the studio shooting either small Still Life sets or Fashion photography. Both options I have a slight interest in but I'm more of a documentary type. My twist? My Twist is turn the fashion side in portraits. Thats the easy bit. Getting the studio portrait to link to journalism is slightly harder, I have to find a story. I think I've found myself a story. I'm going to ask local people that I know from work and playing Bingo at the legion if they will come in and allow me to photograph them. Of course though, I do have a theme to stick to. I have indeed already chosen this theme. I've chosen to look at World War Two. I am going to ask to shoot people that have lived the World War Two. I am also going to ask them to bring in with them one item of significance from this time in their life. Then, as I shoot them (no pun intended) I am able to ask them questions both about their experiences and why this particular item means so much to them. I've also decided I am going to photograph using a film camera - medium format to be precise - as during World War Two this is the type of photography that was used. Good idea? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment