Tuesday 10 January 2012

Brownie Box Camera

Today I have spent some time getting to grips with using the Brownie Box Camera, a camera I have never used before. I decided to used 120 Medium Format Film with an ISO of 400. I have since realised I will need film with a higher ISO, either 1600 or 3200 to pick up a bit more light in some situations.
This image was taken twice, accidentally, so I have ended up with a double exposure. I quite like the effect given by the double eposure however due to being so close to Mike, the subject I was photographing the two images are quite soft. I lit this shot using a tungsten light and a diffuser. It had worked quite well now it has been scanned in.
This image has been shot outside using purely natural light. Being close to Mike, the chosen subject, unfortunatly has caused the image to be slightly out of focus. However, being outdoors the exposure is almost spot on and a nice effect is made in the image.
Third and final image.. Again, this frame has been shot outdoors using natural light. The difference is this time I have taken a step back nd so it is a little more in focus. Next time I could probably do with another step or two back but I am pleased with this shot. Once again, the lighting is spot on almost and so the image does look good in the frame. From now on I am going to start using this camera more outdoors, get to grips with it some more and continuing to proscess the film by myself. However I might buy film that goes through a little quicker, for example film with an ISO of 1600 or 3200. Generally a good days work though don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment